Sitting pretty atop the El Tajo canyon, Ronda is perfectly positioned on one of Spain’s most dramatic landscapes. Possessing a rich history, laced by ancient rock paintings, towering stone bridges, the oldest bullring in Spain (Plaza de Toros) AND 14th-century ruins. Today, this city’s intimidating cliffs, local wineries, deep rooted history and rustic charm make it an ideal mountain-getaway day trip destination!
- Day trip (destination A to B, if booking a tour outside of Ronda)
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guides
- Visit the Plaza de Toros of Ronda, the oldest bullring in Spain and an interesting insight in to this ancient sport
Know before you book
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes and drink enough water during the tour
- Closed: 24, 25, 31/12 & 01/01
Embark on a day trip of a lifetime and visit the fascinating city of Ronda, one of the most historic locations in southern Andalusia. Admire the beauty of its rugged landscapes and breathtaking views, or enjoy the relaxing atmosphere of its streets with on of these amazing tours.
The Guadalevin River runs through the city, dividing it in two. This powerful river is also responsible for carving out the steep, 100 plus meters deep El Tajo canyon, home to this magical city.
Ronda, Andalucia is one of those cities that captures your imagination and keeps you wanting more and more, which is why you’ll probably keep coming back. And with deals like these, we don’t blame you either!
Plaza de Toros: Ronda Spain Bullring
Ronda’s bullring is the oldest and most beautiful in Spain. The city is known to be the home of modern day bullfighting after Francisco Romero reinvented the sport in the 1700s.
While we would never promote bullfighting as an activity (quite the opposite in fact) there is really no denying this is a stunning piece of architecture to behold. As you wander the sandy arena, you can’t help but imagine what it must have looked like packed with people cheering so many years ago.
Oldest Bullring in Spain
The Bullring of Ronda was introduced to the beautiful city of Ronda in 1785, and quickly became the centre of life here. Today it is one of the most representative monuments of bullfighting, with an extremely rich history – in fact, you can check out this timeline of the Ronda Bullring to experience it yourself.
Spanish Bullfighting Facts: Did You Know…
Here are some things you may not have known about Spanish bullfighting:
- Bullfighting is losing fans each year and has been banned in some areas of Spain
- Madrid is home to the biggest Spanish bullring
- Not all bulls are killed in the ring and people actually die taking part in this sport
- The bulls are specifically bred for bullfighting
- Women have participated in this sport for over 100 years
If you’re interested in this topic, you can find all the bullfighting facts here.
Ronda Walking Tour: Includes Bullring Entrance!!
Enjoy an exciting introduction to where modern bullfighting all began on this 2-hour guided tour of Ronda. While wandering the streets, you will experience landmarks like Mondragon Palace, Duquesa de Parcent Square and the New Bridge. What’s more, you can enjoy a visit to the legendary Plaza de Toros (Rondas famous bullring). Get your walking shoes ready, this one is not to be missed!
Ronda Day Trip From Seville: Wine Tasting, Bullfighting Ring and Optional Pueblos Blancos Tour
Take a day trip from Seville to explore the ancient city of Ronda with this amazing deal, which includes free hotel pickup AND drop-off. It is the perfect day trip to escape the hustle and bustle of the city.
You’ll be picked up from central Seville or a nearby hotel in the morning and taken on a comfortable drive through to Ronda, one of the oldest towns in Spain.
- Departure Point: Central Seville and centrally located Seville hotels
- Departure Time: 8am to 8:30 am
- Duration: 11 hours
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point at approximately 5pm or 7pm, depending on the tour option you have selected
- Visit Ronda’s historic bullring, one of the oldest in Spain
- See the Mondragon Palace, Duquesa de Parcent Square, and the New Bridge
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Closed: 24, 25, 31/12 & 01/01
Specification: Ronda Bullring & Ronda Day Trips
Entrance fees, Local guide, Small-group tour
Food and drinks, Gratuity (optional)
Pick-up and Drop-off is included in some tours
Active travellers, First-time visitors, History lovers
2 reviews for Ronda Bullring & Ronda Day Trips