Take a tour of the historical Palace of Alhambra in the city of Grenada. Once home to the Sultans of the Nasrid Dynasty, the palace and its complex are a gorgeous remnant of Moorish Islamic art and architecture.
From the massive round courtyard of the Palace of Charles to the Moorish Court of Lions, the palace is perfect for a short tour with lots to see. It is also full of great photo opportunities, with the Generalife Gardens (Gardens of the Architect) being the most visually stunning of all its attractions.
- Tour the massive Alhambra Palace Complex and its sprawling gardens
- Discover monuments frozen in time like the Hall of Ambassadors and Court of Lions
- Delve into Spain’s Moorish past, and rich Islamic history
- Chill out in the flowers and gardens of the Generalife Gardens
Know before you book
- When booking your trip, be sure to enter the full name, date of birth and ID details for each entrant, as this information is required in advance to enter the Alhambra
- Adults, Children and Babies of all ages must carry a ticket during the tour
- Your visit commentary may be in 2 different languages
Built upon ancient Roman ruins in the 13th century by the Nasrid Dynasty, the Palace of Alhambra in Granada is a monument filled with rich amounts of art, architectural and cultural history. Like so many other historical sites (The Alhambra is, in fact, a National Heritage Site), it details the history of the Moorish rule in parts of Spain, and how these various cultures interacted and co-existed.
Today, you can visit all the various rooms, constructions and facets of the palace estate on a short tour. Some of these features include the Court of Lions, a hallmark of Moorish Islamic Architecture, and the Palaces of Mexuar, Comares and Leones.
These halls and courts all served judicial and governmental purposes in their use over the centuries. They also boast beautiful, timeless architecture with a whispering gallery close by, and an immense labyrinth of tunnels and dungeons below.
Alhambra Tour Prices
Prices begin around $45 per person. You can join a group tour, or spring for something a little more personal on a private tour. All include skip-the-line access, which is very useful in peak season, and if you prefer to visit during the middle of the day or weekends.
Compare prices across the ticket providers below:
Alhambra Palace Guided Tours
Your tour will be filled with historical facts, and explanations of how each facet of the palace came to be, as well as the purposes of the various courts and halls over the centuries.
The tour will end off in the stunning Generalife Gardens (Meaning Gardens of the Architect), known for its fantastic scenery of flowers, vegetation and open grass. All in all, it’s a short, beautiful and breathtaking tour, filled to the brim with the history of Spanish cultures from centuries ago.
Alhambra Palace Tour Information:
Here’s a little breakdown of what your tour will entail – make sure to bring a hat, water and sunscreen as Spanish summers can be blisteringly hot.
The price includes an audio-enhanced tour system, a bilingual guide and entrance to the Palace Complexes.
The Alhambra hosts bathrooms, a bag check and a car park, as well as a cafeteria and vending machines for drinks and snacks. There is also a first aid unit on hand in case of emergency.
- Skip the Queues
- Great for a short day trip
- The tour is filled to the brim with historical facts and information
- Appropriate for children as there’s a lot of open space and walking involved
- Great choice for architectural or historical tour groups
- Some may not be that interested in the area’s historical past
- Only part of the tour is wheelchair accessible
Specification: Granada Palace: Alhambra Tours
12 reviews for Granada Palace: Alhambra Tours
Nancy D –
Had a private guide who was very knowledgeable and helped make everything very interesting. Definitely worth the effort to see
We booked a family of 7 for the Private Alhambra tour. First class. Maya from Tour Travel & More was awesome in the planning stage! She was so helpful in confirming a later hour for the tour. Tourguide was superb. Way to go!