Spain boasts some of the best coastal islands for party-goers. Thousands flock to the Spanish archipelago from all over the world to enjoy the best island parties in Europe.
From Mallorca(link) to Ibiza, the Spanish islands are the most vibrant and exciting places to relax and have pure fun. So, we’ve compiled a quick guide to the best entertainment experiences the Spanish archipelago has on offer.
Mallorca – The Biggest Island Off Coast of Spain
Best for: Young Couples and Students
Officially home to BCM Mallorca – the largest nightclub in Europe- Mallorca, should be at the top of a party bucket list for any jet setter. The party island in the Balearic Archipelago, boasts a diversity of activities, nightclubs, and local attractions, making for the perfect destination for all kinds of tourists.
The clubs and bars on the famous strip(link) host some of the world’s best DJs. So, the island is perfect for younger travellers looking for a more exotic party experience. You’ll find top-tier party cruises around the gorgeous island waters.
(Image by BCM Mallorca, Facebook.com)
For those who prefer a more grounded, inland experience, Mallorca’s stunning beaches and picturesque villages are beckoning for all kinds of sun-filled fun.
Here are a few of Mallorca’s best attractions :
- A thrilling (or romantic) Hot-Air Balloon ride over the breath-taking skies of Mallorca
- A beach or forest Off-road Quad biking excursion
- Cova des Coloms (experience sea caving and underground diving in the exhilarating cave system)
- Coasteering from the magnificent Mallorcan Cliffs
- Tour the Caves of Drach ( the exquisite cave system features Lake Martel, one of Europe’s most magnificent underground lakes)
- Rent a yacht for a private afternoon party cruise
Mallorca is also the most budget-friendly spot of all the Spanish party islands, which immediately expands on the variety of available activities. You’ll want to check out our guide on Things to do in Mallorca, if you’re planning a stay.
Mallorca is a must-see Spanish island, boasting the best outdoor activities and the most exciting resorts in the archipelago. So, you’ll not want to leave this island off your itinerary if you’re looking to experience the best nightlife opportunities on the Spanish coastline.
Ibiza – The Ultimate Party Island
Best for: young couples & students
Ibiza needs no introduction. The most famous European party island holds the top spot for the highest recommended place to visit for party enthusiasts. Your trip to the ethereal island will be remembered forever.
Every year, thousands of people from all over the world flock to the island to enjoy the best nightlife and party scene Spain has on offer.
The island also boasts some of the best cuisines Spain has on offer. You’ll find local food markets, traditional bakeries, wine tasting, and some of the best seaside Tapas bars in the country.
Here are a few of Ibiza’s best attractions & activities:
- Paddle boating or jet skiing in Playa D’en Bossa
- Browsing the year-round, weekly Las Dalias Hippy Market ( you’ll find unique gifts, souvenirs, and keepsakes while enjoying music, great food, or even a quick palm-reading in between browsing the 200 resident market stalls)
- Party the night away at the Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Club( this party paradise is one of Ibiza’s most highly rated nightclubs)
- Pamper yourself for a day at Ibiza’s Six Senses Spa ( it is one of Ibiza’s most sought after spa experiences)
- Kayaking at Tagomago island
Spain’s resort island is renowned for its extravagant crystal blue waters, gorgeous beaches, and buzzing nightclubs, it is easy to see why Ibiza is so highly sought after as a travel destination. So, if you’re considering staying over in Ibiza, check out our comprehensive guide on the top things to do in Ibiza.
(Image by Marc de Groot, Facebook.com)
Ibiza is jam packed with extravagant and wonderful things to do and see. So, If you’re travelling as a couple or with friends we highly recommend visiting the island resort for a travel experience you’ll never forget.
Tenerife – Spain’s Resort Island in The Canaries
Best for: couples, students, retirees
If you’re looking for the best party Islands, Spain is where you want to look. Tenerife – the biggest of the canary islands- has the most stunning landscapes, incredible beaches, and the best Spanish food and outdoor opportunities.
Compared to some of Spain’s bigger resort islands like Ibiza, Tenerife has a quieter and more relaxed atmosphere which you’ll thoroughly enjoy if you want to relax and unwind
It is the perfect destination for older couples, retirees, and solo travelers. You’ll want to take a whole day to relax and unwind at La Tejita beach or take a few hours to explore San Cristobal de la Laguna.
(Image by Es Tenerife, Facebook.com)
Here are some of the things we highly recommend checking out during your stay:
- Anaga Rural Park ( we highly recommend taking an enchanting hike through the famous El Pijaral forest )
- Teide National Park( If you feel daring, take a walk to the summit of Teide mountain to see Tenerife’s renowned volcano )
- Playa de las Teresitas ( the renowned beach is renowned for its crystal blue waters and breathtaking beachfront)
- La Gomera
- Playa de Benijo
- Masca Village
Easily the most breathtaking of the Canary Islands, Lanzarote has an extraordinary landscape consisting of 300 volcanoes and incredible Spanish beaches.
The dramatic volcanic scenery certainly contributes towards an ambiance of romance and passion, making it a captivating destination for couples to explore together, whether on foot, by car, or by cycling.
Romance is definitely in the air of the bewitching Lanzarote, especially in the secluded fishing village of Caleta de Famara. The charming town is the perfect place to stay if you’re a couple looking for a more private living experience: you’ll have access to Lanzarote’s bustling nightlife just a short drive away.
Another must-see is easily the most spectacular beach in the Gran Canaries – Papagayo Beach. If you and your partner are looking to have a classic beach holiday, this is one of the best places to book your stay.
Most of Lanzarote’s clubs and bars are located in Puerto del Carmen. So, it is the ideal area for young couples looking for some sensational nightlife – you’ll not want to miss this part of Lanzarote.
Final Thoughts on Spain’s Party Island’s
With the exquisite natural beauty of the Spanish beaches paired with the best nightlife that Spain has to offer, it is almost impossible to disappoint any traveller looking to have an extraordinary party experience.